Remove Smart Security Malware
Smart Security is a vicious computer infection in the form of a fake anti-spyware program. Smart Security claims to be a program that is ‘designed to protect’ a Windows PC from spyware, viruses, malware and other harmful security-related issues. Smart Security even has an interface that closely resembles legitimate security programs for the PC designed to detect and remove malware parasites. The Smart Security program is completely useless and serves no good purpose for any computer system or its user.
Smart Security has a goal to extort money from unsuspecting computer users. This process starts after Smart Security is installed, usually from a Trojan horse or malicious file download from the internet. When installed, Smart Security will pretend to find many viruses or malware parasites on the system that it is installed on by rendering pop-up alert messages and system scan results filled with parasite names. These are all scare tactics to get a PC user to think that they need to buy a copy of Smart Security to remove these so-called detected threats. Buying the Smart Security program will not enable it to remove any malware threats; it will only take your money an return a useless and fake security application. Removing Smart Security is usually a difficult task to complete when performing manually. Automatic removal of Smart Security may be accomplished by use of an updated antimalware download, which we have provided below.
The Smart Security fake security program may display a pop-up alerts reading similar to the following:
Malicious program has been detected. Click here to protect your computer.
iexplore.exe can not start
File iexplore.exe is infected by W32/Blaster.worm. Please activate Smart Security to protect your computer.
In an effort to alleviate the problems that come with Smart Security, you should take action now to remove Smart Security. The process of removing Smart Security can be tricky, which is why you may use a malware solution to easily remove it from your system. New antimalware software is one key to removing Smart Security in addition to manual removal, which may be performed by more experienced PC users.
How you can easily remove Smart Security from your computer
Automatically Detect and Remove Smart Security:
Can’t install or run SpyHunter using the download link above or is the malware infection blocking installation? Try our alternate download file here (http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download).
If your internet browser is being blocked and you are unable to download SpyHunter, please follow these instructions:
1. Hold the WinKey (Windows Key on your keyboard) and press the R key at the same time.
2. Type in (or copy and paste) http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/download-spyhunter and press Enter. (Use the alternate download link if the other is not working for you or the malware infection is blocking download/installation. http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download)
3. The SpyHunter download will begin.
4. You must find the downloaded file SpyHunter-Installer.exe and open/run it (double-click) to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Note: Smart Security may block installation of antimalware or antivirus software. You may need to boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking to install an antimalware program.
Steps to boot into Safe Mode with Networking:
- Bookmark or Favorite this Post/Web Page.
- Restart your PC
- Press the F8 key (before Windows starts to load – during the boot sequence text screens) a few times until it registers.
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter.
- Allow the system to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then return to this page to download an antimalware application.
DIY Smart Security removal resources
*If you are an experienced computer user, you may locate and delete the Smart Security files and registry entries below. The manual removal process for Smart Security is best performed while in Safe Mode.
Smart Security Files
- %Desktop%\Smart Security.lnk
Smart Security Registry Entries
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “” = “[random]“
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Smart Security”