Windows Virtual Protector is a rogue antispyware program that is closely related to several previously discovered fake security programs, such as Windows Premium Shield, Windows Efficiency Console and Windows Accelerator Pro. These applications have a common graphical interface that attempts to mimic the trusted Windows Security Center alert window only to trick PC users into eventually purchasing the fake security program.
PC users should not trust the information that Windows Virtual Protector relays. All of the system scans and pop-up alerts rendered by Windows Virtual Protector are part of a scam to extort money from unsuspecting PC users.
Having the Windows Virtual Protector program installed on your system is an indication of a potential Trojan horse or other malware threat running in the background. Usually these threats are obtained through various freeware downloads, shareware programs or malicious sites and advertisements. Once loaded, a program like Windows Virtual Protector may continually display alerts causing unwanted interruptions in the use of your computer.
Abolishing the constant and annoying pop-up alerts and bogus system scan results created by Windows Virtual Protector usually involves the use of a trusted antispyware scan application like SpyHunter. Use of such a program will ensure all registry entries and related files tied to Windows Virtual Protector are found and completely removed. Upon restart, after removal of Windows Virtual Protector, a previously infected machine will usually run faster and be restored to normal operation.
In an effort to alleviate the problems that come with Windows Virtual Protector, you should take action now to remove Windows Virtual Protector. The process of removing Windows Virtual Protector can be tricky, which is why you may use a malware solution to easily remove it from your system. New antimalware software is one key to removing Windows Virtual Protector in addition to manual removal, which may be performed by more experienced PC users.
Automatically Detect and Remove Windows Virtual Protector:
*SpyHunter’s free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects Windows Virtual Protector on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter to remove Windows Virtual Protector and any other detected malware.
Can’t install or run SpyHunter using the download link above or is the malware infection blocking installation? Try our alternate download file here (http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download).
If your internet browser is being blocked and you are unable to download SpyHunter, please follow these instructions:
1. Hold the WinKey (Windows Key on your keyboard) and press the R key at the same time.
2. Type in (or copy and paste) http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/download-spyhunter and press Enter. (Use the alternate download link if the other is not working for you or the malware infection is blocking download/installation. http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download)
3. The SpyHunter download will begin.
4. You must find the downloaded file SpyHunter-Installer.exe and open/run it (double-click) to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Note: Windows Virtual Protector may block installation of antimalware or antivirus software. You may need to boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking to install an antimalware program.
Steps to boot into Safe Mode with Networking:
- Bookmark or Favorite this Post/Web Page.
- Restart your PC
- Press the F8 key (before Windows starts to load – during the boot sequence text screens) a few times until it registers.
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter.
- Allow the system to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then return to this page to download an antimalware application.
Windows Virtual Protector Technical Details
Windows Virtual Protector alert messages
Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet
C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplorer.exe
C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplorer.exe
is suspected to have infected your PC.
This type of virus intercepts entered data and transmits them to a remote server.
Recommended: Please click “Prevent attack” button to prevent all attacks and protect your PC
Windows Virtual Protector Files
Windows Virtual Protector Registry Entries
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “GuardSoftware” = “%AppData%\guard-toiy.exe”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell”=”C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Roaming\\guard-fvtb.exe”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations “LowRiskFileTypes”=”.zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation”=1
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger”=”svchost.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger”=”svchost.exe”