Vista Defender is a plagiarized security program that uses aggressive methods to trick PC users out of money. Many of the tricks conducted by Vista Defender are ones that make a PC user believe that their PC is populated with all types of malware parasites. Once Vista Defender gains the trust, it will then offer a so-called registered or licensed copy claiming to be able to then remove all detected malware threats. Only thing, a purchased version of Vista Defender is no better than the free edition where it fails to remove any type of legitimate malware or computer virus threat.
Vista Defender is known to continue to aggravate a PC user through deceptive popup alerts and system scan results. Vista Defender will even offer up other security services for PCs mainly running the Windows Vista operating system. These actions are virtually identical to ones conducted by the FakeRean family of malware programs, which Vista Defender is believe to have come from. Vista Defender is not a trusted program and should be removed automatically using an antimalware download application.
Vista Defender deceptive popup messages may read like the following:
System Security Alert!
Background scan for security breaches has been finished. Serious problems have been detected. Safeguard your system against exploits, malware and viruses right now by activating Proactive Defence.
System Security Alert!
Unknown program is scanning your system registry right now! Identify the theft detected!
Vista Defender Firewall Alert
Iexplore.exe is infected with Trojan.JS.Fraud.ba. Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
In an effort to alleviate the problems that come with Vista Defender, you should take action now to remove Vista Defender. The process of removing Vista Defender can be tricky, which is why you may use a malware solution to easily remove it from your system. New antimalware software is one key to removing Vista Defender in addition to manual removal, which may be performed by more experienced PC users.
Automatically Detect and Remove Vista Defender:
Can’t install or run SpyHunter using the download link above or is the malware infection blocking installation? Try our alternate download file here (http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download).
If your internet browser is being blocked and you are unable to download SpyHunter, please follow these instructions:
1. Hold the WinKey (Windows Key on your keyboard) and press the R key at the same time.
2. Type in (or copy and paste) http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/download-spyhunter and press Enter. (Use the alternate download link if the other is not working for you or the malware infection is blocking download/installation. http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download)
3. The SpyHunter download will begin.
4. You must find the downloaded file SpyHunter-Installer.exe and open/run it (double-click) to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Note: Vista Defender may block installation of antimalware or antivirus software. You may need to boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking to install an antimalware program.
Steps to boot into Safe Mode with Networking:
- Bookmark or Favorite this Post/Web Page.
- Restart your PC
- Press the F8 key (before Windows starts to load – during the boot sequence text screens) a few times until it registers.
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter.
- Allow the system to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then return to this page to download an antimalware application.
DIY Vista Defender removal resources
*If you are an experienced computer user, you may locate and delete the Vista Defender files and registry entries below. The manual removal process for Vista Defender is best performed while in Safe Mode.
Vista Defender Files
- %AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\Vista Defender.lnk
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Vista Defender\
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Vista Defender\Remove Vista Defender.lnk
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Vista Defender\Vista Defender Help and Support.lnk
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Vista Defender\Vista Defender.lnk
Vista Defender Registry Entries
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe “(Default)” = “”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “”%CommonAppData%\pcdfdata\.exe” /ex “%1″ %*”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “pcdfsvc” = “%CommonAppData%\pcdfdata\.exe /min