TornTV is an unwanted application that may offer ways to watch TV online or through your computer. The TornTV program is most often installed through the installation of various bundled software or freeware programs downloaded from the internet. TornTV may also act as a web browser hijacker causing your browser to redirect you to the Torn.tv website offering the TornTV services for “turning your PC into a TV”. TornTV may or may not fulfill its offer of turning your PC into a TV.
When TornTV is installed, it will load several files on your system including executable (exe) files that load into memory upon startup of Windows. When the executable of TornTV is loaded it is apt to displaying pop-up messages and automatically initializing the TornTV program.
Computer users may not find TornTV to be useful in most cases because it was not the main program downloaded. In the case of TornTV loading it was not the computer user’s choice as it was installed through another freeware program. Use of TornTV may not harm your system but it can be a serious annoyance especially if you did not ask for it to be installed or never use its offered features.
Removal of the TornTV program is essential to rid your system of any pop-up messages that it displays and to stop it from loading automatically at startup of Windows. In some instances the uninstallation process for TornTV is difficult to perform as it does not have a means of removing it from your Windows control panel. In such a case, TornTV may be automatically removed using an updated antimalware application like SpyHunter. This removal method will ensure all files associated with TornTV are removed and that it does not load anymore upon starting your computer, potentially freeing up memory and allowing your PC to run faster.
In an effort to alleviate the problems that come with TornTV, you should take action now to remove TornTV. The process of removing TornTV can be tricky, which is why you may use a malware solution to easily remove it from your system. New antimalware software is one key to removing TornTV in addition to manual removal, which may be performed by more experienced PC users.
Automatically Detect and Remove TornTV:
*SpyHunter’s free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects TornTV on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter to remove TornTV and any other detected malware.
Can’t install or run SpyHunter using the download link above or is the malware infection blocking installation? Try our alternate download file here (http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download).
If your internet browser is being blocked and you are unable to download SpyHunter, please follow these instructions:
1. Hold the WinKey (Windows Key on your keyboard) and press the R key at the same time.
2. Type in (or copy and paste) http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/download-spyhunter and press Enter. (Use the alternate download link if the other is not working for you or the malware infection is blocking download/installation. http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download)
3. The SpyHunter download will begin.
4. You must find the downloaded file SpyHunter-Installer.exe and open/run it (double-click) to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Note: TornTV may block installation of antimalware or antivirus software. You may need to boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking to install an antimalware program.
Steps to boot into Safe Mode with Networking:
- Bookmark or Favorite this Post/Web Page.
- Restart your PC
- Press the F8 key (before Windows starts to load – during the boot sequence text screens) a few times until it registers.
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter.
- Allow the system to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then return to this page to download an antimalware application.
TornTV Technical Details
TornTV Registry Entries
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “” = “[random]”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random]”