Sweet-page.com has been ousted to be a generic search engine site and a browser hijacker that may load automatically as your default home page in some circumstances. Sweet-page.com is suspected to have been created by money-hungry hackers or cybercrooks who are utilizing a customized Yahoo.com search and various advertisements to generate money through clicks or impressions.
The use of Sweet-page.com may not prove to be malicious on a computer. However, using Sweet-page.com may end up sending you to unwanted sites or ones that may attempt to aggressively promote other products and services through advertisements. The sponsored links within the Sweet-page.com search results may also be laced with ones sending you to a potentially malicious sites.
PC users who have Sweet-page.com set as their default home page more than likely recently downloaded a freeware program from the internet, which is known to load sites like Sweet-page.com as the default home page or default search engine through various plugins or web browser add-ons. Most popular web browsers are affected by this, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
Reversing the effects of Sweet-page.com automatically loading when you start up your web browser can be a difficult and cumbersome task if performed manually. Through the use of an antispyware download PC users may automatically remove all components related to Sweet-page.com and then be able to set your own desired home page or default search engine within your web browser applications.
In an effort to alleviate the problems that come with Sweet-page.com, you should take action now to remove Sweet-page.com. The process of removing Sweet-page.com can be tricky, which is why you may use a malware solution to easily remove it from your system. New antimalware software is one key to removing Sweet-page.com in addition to manual removal, which may be performed by more experienced PC users.
Automatically Detect and Remove Sweet-page.com:
*SpyHunter’s free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects Sweet-page.com on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter to remove Sweet-page.com and any other detected malware.
Can’t install or run SpyHunter using the download link above or is the malware infection blocking installation? Try our alternate download file here (http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download).
If your internet browser is being blocked and you are unable to download SpyHunter, please follow these instructions:
1. Hold the WinKey (Windows Key on your keyboard) and press the R key at the same time.
2. Type in (or copy and paste) http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/download-spyhunter and press Enter. (Use the alternate download link if the other is not working for you or the malware infection is blocking download/installation. http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download)
3. The SpyHunter download will begin.
4. You must find the downloaded file SpyHunter-Installer.exe and open/run it (double-click) to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Note: Sweet-page.com may block installation of antimalware or antivirus software. You may need to boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking to install an antimalware program.
Steps to boot into Safe Mode with Networking:
- Bookmark or Favorite this Post/Web Page.
- Restart your PC
- Press the F8 key (before Windows starts to load – during the boot sequence text screens) a few times until it registers.
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter.
- Allow the system to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then return to this page to download an antimalware application.
Sweet-page.com Technical Details
Sweet-page.com Registry Entries
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “” = “[random]”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random]”