Remove Swagbucks Toolbar – Extensions / Add-Ons
Swagbucks Toolbar is a Toolbar that seems to find its way installed on computers without any indication to the computer user. Most times Swagbucks Toolbar is installed through an installation program via installing other applications on your computer. Once this takes place, Swagbucks Toolbar will load on your web browsers were it is known to change your default home page and search engine choice possibly to the search.swagbucks.com site. Swagbucks Toolbar is also known to be called the SBTV Toolbar or the Swag Code Toolbar. In either case, you will not want to leave Swagbucks Toolbar installed on your computer because it is extremely aggravating.
Although Swagbucks Toolbar is not malware by itself and comes from the Prodege LLC company, it can be a serious nuisance where it will redirect you to unwanted sites and change web browser settings within Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox. The removal of Swagbucks Toolbar can be performed manually by removing all extensions and add-ons throughout all installed web browsers in addition to uninstalling the main Swagbucks Toolbar program. Automatic removal of Swagbucks Toolbar may be done using an antimalware download.
To safely eliminate and stop the problems that come with Swagbucks Toolbar, you should take action now to remove Swagbucks Toolbar. The process of removing Swagbucks Toolbar can be tricky, which is why you may use a malware solution to easily remove it from your system. New antimalware software is one key to removing Swagbucks Toolbar in addition to manual removal, which may be performed by more experienced PC users.
How you can easily remove Swagbucks Toolbar from your computer
Automatically Detect and Remove Swagbucks Toolbar:
Can’t install or run SpyHunter using the download link above or is the malware infection blocking installation? Try our alternate download file here (http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download).
If your internet browser is being blocked and you are unable to download SpyHunter, please follow these instructions:
1. Hold the WinKey (Windows Key on your keyboard) and press the R key at the same time.
2. Type in (or copy and paste) http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/download-spyhunter and press Enter. (Use the alternate download link if the other is not working for you or the malware infection is blocking download/installation. http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download)
3. The SpyHunter download will begin.
4. You must find the downloaded file SpyHunter-Installer.exe and open/run it (double-click) to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Note: Swagbucks Toolbar may block installation of antimalware or antivirus software. You may need to boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking to install an antimalware program.
Steps to boot into Safe Mode with Networking:
- Bookmark or Favorite this Post/Web Page.
- Restart your PC
- Press the F8 key (before Windows starts to load – during the boot sequence text screens) a few times until it registers.
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter.
- Allow the system to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then return to this page to download an antimalware application.
DIY Swagbucks Toolbar removal resources
*If you are an experienced computer user, you may locate and delete the Swagbucks Toolbar hijacker yourself.
How to Remove Swagbucks Toolbar Manually (DIY Tips)
- Go to Start menu > go to Control Panel -> select “Programs” and Features (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Select Uninstall a Program.
- Find ‘Swagbucks Toolbar’ and select ‘Uninstall/Change’.
- Click OK to save the changes.
How to Remove Swagbucks Toolbar Manually from Web Browser Programs like Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer go to ‘Tools‘ > ”Manage Add-ons’ > ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and select uninstall Swagbucks Toolbar.
- Click ‘Tools’ > ‘select Manage addons’ > select ‘Search Providers’ > select a desired search engine of your choice ie: Google.
- In Firefox go ‘Tools’ > select ‘Add-ons’ > select ‘Extensions’ > find Swagbucks Toolbar and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go to ‘Tools’ > select ‘Options’ and change the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or another desired search page.
- In Chrome click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon > select ‘Options’ > select ‘Basic’ and then change the homepage to google.com or another desired search page.
- Selecting Google as your search preference: Click ‘Manage search engines…’ > select ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
After the steps have been completed, run a full system scan utilizing SpyHunter or another antimalware application to detect any malware or related files to Swagbucks Toolbar to safely remove them from your computer.