Smart Guard Protection is a useless security program that uses aggressive scare techniques to swindle PC users out of money. This whole process of extorting money is rather clever in the sense that Smart Guard Protection attempts to play itself off as a legitimate antispyware or antimalware program that has somehow detected an onslaught of malware threats on the system it is installed on.
Most PC users will take Smart Guard Protection for its face value being a program that should be purchased so that it can remove all of its detected threats. This is where the legitimacy of Smart Guard Protection goes out of the door and its real nature is discovered. The true nature of Smart Guard Protection is to fail at any chance it has to remove so-called detected malware, even after a PC users makes the ultimate mistake of paying upwards of $70 for a registered or licensed copy.
The Smart Guard Protection is an outright scam that must never be used for the purposes of detecting or removing malware from a Windows PC. Better yet, PC users should take any pop-up alerts or system scan results from Smart Guard Protection as a stern warning to find a trusted antispyware scan tool to safely detect and remove Smart Guard Protection from their system.
Once Smart Guard Protection is uninstalled or removed, PC users may find a retribution in knowing that their system is now free from malware and the annoyance of Smart Guard Protection. Smart Guard Protection should be deemed as a malicious scam created by meticulous hackers who are looking to score a quick payday at the expense of gullible PC users.
In an effort to alleviate the problems that come with Smart Guard Protection, you should take action now to remove Smart Guard Protection. The process of removing Smart Guard Protection can be tricky, which is why you may use a malware solution to easily remove it from your system. New antimalware software is one key to removing Smart Guard Protection in addition to manual removal, which may be performed by more experienced PC users.
Automatically Detect and Remove Smart Guard Protection:
*SpyHunter’s free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects Smart Guard Protection on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter to remove Smart Guard Protection and any other detected malware.
Can’t install or run SpyHunter using the download link above or is the malware infection blocking installation? Try our alternate download file here (http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download).
If your internet browser is being blocked and you are unable to download SpyHunter, please follow these instructions:
1. Hold the WinKey (Windows Key on your keyboard) and press the R key at the same time.
2. Type in (or copy and paste) http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/download-spyhunter and press Enter. (Use the alternate download link if the other is not working for you or the malware infection is blocking download/installation. http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download)
3. The SpyHunter download will begin.
4. You must find the downloaded file SpyHunter-Installer.exe and open/run it (double-click) to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Note: Smart Guard Protection may block installation of antimalware or antivirus software. You may need to boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking to install an antimalware program.
Steps to boot into Safe Mode with Networking:
- Bookmark or Favorite this Post/Web Page.
- Restart your PC
- Press the F8 key (before Windows starts to load – during the boot sequence text screens) a few times until it registers.
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter.
- Allow the system to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then return to this page to download an antimalware application.
Smart Guard Protection Technical Details
Smart Guard Protection Files
Smart Guard Protection Registry Entries
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “” = “[random]”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random]”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “AS2014” = “%CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\WaDprnV7.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “EnableLUA” = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “EnableVirtualization” = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “RPSessionInterval” = 0
Smart Guard Protection alert message text:
Windows Security Center
Warning! Suspicious activity detected.
Virus activity detected.
Attempt to change configuration files detected.
Rootkit embedding attempt detected.
Warning! Infected file detected.
We strongly recommend activating full edition of your antivirus software for repairing threats.
Warning! Network attack attempt detected.
To keep the computer safe, the threat must be blocked.
Warning! Infected file detected
Location: File System
Behavior description: Destroys and infects system files.
Suspicious activity detected in the application notepad.exe to the behavior of the virus Win32/Conficker.X. For your security and to avoid loss of data, the operation of application cmd.exe has been temporarily restricted.