Remove ‘Google Redirect Virus’ (Malware)
Google Redirect Virus may be the culprit of your Google web search results redirecting or linking to malicious sites. We have found that Google Redirect Virus has been around for a long time and still remains to be quite effective in disrupting internet searchers from finding the site that they seek on the internet.
Google Redirect Virus is able to execute commands that may lead to other malware infections. Some security resource sites have verified Google Redirect Virus installed from bundled software such as a shareware program or even a movie codec download. When installed, Google Redirect Virus usually hijacks web browsers so it may redirect PC users to malicious sites such as Blendersearch.com, blinkx.com, Search.babylon.com,scour.com, Bodisparking.com,coolsearchserver.com, , find-fast-answers.com, search-netsite.com, webplains.net, toseeka.com, Worldslife.com and many others. These sites represent malicious intentions, some of which act as phishing sites to gather personal information from PC users.
The other major issue with Google Redirect Virus is that it has the capability to go undetected from commonly used antivirus programs. Google Redirect Virus has specialized coding that makes it hidden in most circumstances. Fortunately, updated antimalware programs are able to safely detect and remove Google Redirect Virus.
In an effort to alleviate the problems that come with Google Redirect Virus, you should take action now to remove Google Redirect Virus. The process of removing Google Redirect Virus can be tricky, which is why you may use a malware solution to easily remove it from your system. New antimalware software is one key to removing Google Redirect Virus in addition to manual removal, which may be performed by more experienced PC users.
How you can easily remove Google Redirect Virus from your computer
Automatically Detect and Remove Google Redirect Virus:
*SpyHunter’s free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects Google Redirect Virus on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter to remove Google Redirect Virus and any other detected malware.
If your internet browser is being blocked and you are unable to download SpyHunter, please follow these instructions:
1. Hold the WinKey (Windows Key on your keyboard) and press the R key at the same time.
2. Type in (or copy and paste) http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/download-spyhunter and press Enter.
3. The SpyHunter download will begin.
4. You must find the downloaded file SpyHunter-Installer.exe and open/run it (double-click) to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Note: Google Redirect Virus may block installation of antimalware or antivirus software. You may need to boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking to install an antimalware program.
Steps to boot into Safe Mode with Networking:
- Bookmark or Favorite this Post/Web Page.
- Restart your PC
- Press the F8 key (before Windows starts to load – during the boot sequence text screens) a few times until it registers.
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter.
- Allow the system to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then return to this page to download an antimalware application.
DIY Google Redirect Virus removal resources
*If you are an experienced computer user, you may locate and delete the Google Redirect Virus files and registry entries below. The manual removal process for Google Redirect Virus is best performed while in Safe Mode.
Google Redirect Virus Files
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\_VOIDmainqt.dll
Google Redirect Virus Registry Entries