Remove FaceSmooch Adware (search.conduit.com) Redirect Hijacker
FaceSmooch, unfortunately, it isn’t a kiss from your favorite person, it is actually an adware program that is advertised through free software downloads offering up face emoticons. Most times FaceSmooch will end up on your Windows PC through the installation of other software downloaded from the internet. In most circumstances the FaceSmooch program will be installed without your knownledge due to the install app having a default check-box next to asking if FaceSmooch should be installed. Once loaded, FaceSmooch will display random popups and change your default home page and search engine site on your web browser application.
FaceSmooch tends to affect most popular web browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Those web browser’s internet settings or options will be changed by FaceSmooch causing it to load the search.conduit.com site and potentially other unwanted web pages. The complete removal of FaceSmooch and all related files using an antimalware download is one of the few sure ways of ridding a system of FaceSmooch and its annoying website redirects.
To safely eliminate and stop the problems that come with FaceSmooch, you should take action now to remove FaceSmooch. The process of removing FaceSmooch can be tricky, which is why you may use a malware solution to easily remove it from your system. New antimalware software is one key to removing FaceSmooch in addition to manual removal, which may be performed by more experienced PC users.
How you can easily remove FaceSmooch from your computer
Automatically Detect and Remove FaceSmooch:
Can’t install or run SpyHunter using the download link above or is the malware infection blocking installation? Try our alternate download file here (http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download).
If your internet browser is being blocked and you are unable to download SpyHunter, please follow these instructions:
1. Hold the WinKey (Windows Key on your keyboard) and press the R key at the same time.
2. Type in (or copy and paste) http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/download-spyhunter and press Enter. (Use the alternate download link if the other is not working for you or the malware infection is blocking download/installation. http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download)
3. The SpyHunter download will begin.
4. You must find the downloaded file SpyHunter-Installer.exe and open/run it (double-click) to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Note: FaceSmooch may block installation of antimalware or antivirus software. You may need to boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking to install an antimalware program.
Steps to boot into Safe Mode with Networking:
- Bookmark or Favorite this Post/Web Page.
- Restart your PC
- Press the F8 key (before Windows starts to load – during the boot sequence text screens) a few times until it registers.
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter.
- Allow the system to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then return to this page to download an antimalware application.
DIY FaceSmooch removal resources
*If you are an experienced computer user, you may locate and delete the FaceSmooch yourself.
How to Remove FaceSmooch Manually (DIY Tips)
- Go to Start menu > go to Control Panel -> select “Programs” and Features (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Select Uninstall a Program.
- Find ‘FaceSmooch’ and select ‘Uninstall/Change’.
- Click OK to save the changes.
How to Remove FaceSmooch Manually from Web Browser Programs like Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer go to ‘Tools‘ > ”Manage Add-ons’ > ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and select uninstall FaceSmooch.
- Click ‘Tools’ > ‘select Manage addons’ > select ‘Search Providers’ > select a desired search engine of your choice ie: Google.
- In Firefox go ‘Tools’ > select ‘Add-ons’ > select ‘Extensions’ > find FaceSmooch and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go to ‘Tools’ > select ‘Options’ and change the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or another desired search page.
- In Chrome click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon > select ‘Options’ > select ‘Basic’ and then change the homepage to google.com or another desired search page.
- Selecting Google as your search preference: Click ‘Manage search engines…’ > select ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
After the steps have been completed, run a full system scan utilizing SpyHunter or another antimalware application to detect any malware or related files to FaceSmooch to safely remove them from your computer.