CryptoLocker Ransomware is a deceptive message that usually alerts PC users through a generic warning pop-up alert that says ‘your personal files are encrypted’. This notification is baseless and has no merit for your files actually being encrypted. However, the CryptoLocker Ransomware will reside on your system through a Trojan horse identified as Trojan:Win32/Crilock.A.
The CryptoLocker Ransomware threat message and Trojan infection will cause the affected computer to lock up or prevent access to most installed programs. Once this takes place you may not be able to utilize your system normally. The CryptoLocker Ransomware will continually ask that you pay a fine of $100, $300, 300 Euros or 100 Euros through a legitimate payment method being either MoneyPak, Bitcoin, CashU or Ukash. Through those payment methods the CryptoLocker Ransomware will debit your account of $100 and fail to unlock your system or give a legitimate ‘private key’.
Removal of the CryptoLocker Ransomware is needed to unlock an infected system and to completely remove the CryptoLocker Ransomware and its associated Trojan horse malware files. This removal process can take place automatically through the use of an antispyware/antimalware program like SpyHunter.
In an effort to alleviate the problems that come with CryptoLocker Ransomware, you should take action now to remove CryptoLocker Ransomware. The process of removing CryptoLocker Ransomware can be tricky, which is why you may use a malware solution to easily remove it from your system. New antimalware software is one key to removing CryptoLocker Ransomware in addition to manual removal, which may be performed by more experienced PC users.
Automatically Detect and Remove CryptoLocker Ransomware:
*SpyHunter’s free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects CryptoLocker Ransomware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter to remove CryptoLocker Ransomware and any other detected malware.
Can’t install or run SpyHunter using the download link above or is the malware infection blocking installation? Try our alternate download file here (http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download).
If your internet browser is being blocked and you are unable to download SpyHunter, please follow these instructions:
1. Hold the WinKey (Windows Key on your keyboard) and press the R key at the same time.
2. Type in (or copy and paste) http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/download-spyhunter and press Enter. (Use the alternate download link if the other is not working for you or the malware infection is blocking download/installation. http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download)
3. The SpyHunter download will begin.
4. You must find the downloaded file SpyHunter-Installer.exe and open/run it (double-click) to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Note: CryptoLocker Ransomware may block installation of antimalware or antivirus software. You may need to boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking to install an antimalware program.
Steps to boot into Safe Mode with Networking:
- Bookmark or Favorite this Post/Web Page.
- Restart your PC
- Press the F8 key (before Windows starts to load – during the boot sequence text screens) a few times until it registers.
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter.
- Allow the system to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then return to this page to download an antimalware application.
CryptoLocker Ransomware technical details
CryptoLocker Ransomware Files
- %Desktop%\CryptoLocker Ransomware.lnk
CryptoLocker Ransomware Registry Entries
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “” = “[random]“
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\CryptoLocker Ransomware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random]“
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “*CryptoLocker”