Remove Coupon Buddy Adware and Pop-Ups
Coupon Buddy is an adware application that is usually installed onto a computer automatically through a hijacked browser by addition of unwanted add-ons to the browser. Most times installation of Coupon Buddy takes place without asking for permission from the computer user and sometimes without their knowledge. After installed, Coupon Buddy will display advertisements within a pop-up box containing legitimate offers on products such as electronics or books. Some of the so-called ‘special savings’ from Coupon Buddy could lead to malicious or unwanted websites where the PC user is redirected to after clicking on the ads.
Coupon Buddy is most often bundled with other software through the installer application. Sometimes Coupon Buddy is installed along with a downloaded program, even through a legitimate download site. Coupon Buddy will sometimes add dog-ears or tags to click on to reveal the special savings or online coupons. The Coupon Buddy offers are not a recommended way of saving money shopping on line. Coupon Buddy is known for conducting questionable activities and should be removed using an antimalware download.
In an effort to alleviate the problems that come with Coupon Buddy, you should take action now to remove Coupon Buddy. The process of removing Coupon Buddy can be tricky, which is why you may use a malware solution to easily remove it from your system. New antimalware software is one key to removing Coupon Buddy in addition to manual removal, which may be performed by more experienced PC users.
How you can easily remove Coupon Buddy from your computer
Automatically Detect and Remove Coupon Buddy:
Can’t install or run SpyHunter using the download link above or is the malware infection blocking installation? Try our alternate download file here (http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download).
If your internet browser is being blocked and you are unable to download SpyHunter, please follow these instructions:
1. Hold the WinKey (Windows Key on your keyboard) and press the R key at the same time.
2. Type in (or copy and paste) http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/download-spyhunter and press Enter. (Use the alternate download link if the other is not working for you or the malware infection is blocking download/installation. http://www.onlinesafety411.com/go/spyhunter-alternate-download)
3. The SpyHunter download will begin.
4. You must find the downloaded file SpyHunter-Installer.exe and open/run it (double-click) to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Note: Coupon Buddy may block installation of antimalware or antivirus software. You may need to boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking to install an antimalware program.
Steps to boot into Safe Mode with Networking:
- Bookmark or Favorite this Post/Web Page.
- Restart your PC
- Press the F8 key (before Windows starts to load – during the boot sequence text screens) a few times until it registers.
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter.
- Allow the system to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then return to this page to download an antimalware application.
DIY Coupon Buddy removal resources
*If you are an experienced computer user, you may locate and delete the Coupon Buddy files and registry entries below. The manual removal process for Coupon Buddy is best performed while in Safe Mode.
Coupon Buddy Files
- %PROGRAMFILES%\Coupon Buddy\[random]
Coupon Buddy Registry Entries
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “” = “[random]“