How to fix Msspell3.dll error
Msspell3.dll (and mssp232.dll) are registry files used to execute the spell check in Microsoft programs such as Word or Excel. This error can mean that the installation resulted in corrupt/missing .dll files. As always, individually downloading .dll files from a host site is not recommended as the files could have been altered and can further damage the program/can give your computer viruses. Deletion and reinstallation of the program can sometimes fix corrupted files, however the problem may still persist. Note that reinstallation will not fix misplaced/missing files.
Receiving the Msspell3.dll error could cause additional issues on your computer. Troubleshooting such an error may require finding effective ways to search the Windows registry and other areas of Windows to first identify the root cause.
Automatically Detect and Fix Msspell3.dll Error and other PC/Registry Issues:
Possible causes for the Msspell3.dll error or issue on your computer:
- The Msspell3.dll file or a related file was mistakenly moved or deleted.
- Malware or Virus infections may be present.
- Outdated software or driver issue.
- Missing or corrupted file or related Windows registry entry(s).
The following issues may occur if the Msspell3.dll error is not fixed.
The computer will always display the annoying error message.
The computer may run slow and could limit usage of other functions and running of certain applications.
Windows will not be able to open associated programs.
Other errors may be triggered causing further issues.
Ways to fix the Msspell3.dll error on your PC
1) Manually – Install or re-install the Msspell3.dll file or a newer version of Msspell3.dll .
Many times installing a replacement file will not solve the Msspell3.dll error. In most cases the Windows registry must be modified to register a new Msspell3.dll file to prevent the Msspell3.dll error from reappearing.
- Find a new version of Msspell3.dll to download.
- Install the file to its default location on the computer. (you may be required to overwrite an older version of the file no registered in the Windows registry)
- Register the new Msspell3.dll file by going to Start menu > Run > and then typing in cmd and regsvr_Msspell3.dll and then press enter.
- Restart the computer and see if the Msspell3.dll error reappears or not.
2) Reinstall the program related to Msspell3.dll .
Many times reinstalling the application that loads and registers the Msspell3.dll file will resolve error messages. Simply find the application related to Msspell3.dll and download a new copy or reinstall it from the Windows control panel Add/Remove Programs option. Restart your computer after the install has completed to see if the Msspell3.dll error comes back or not. (location of Msspell3.dll – C:\WINDOWS\system32)
3) Fix Msspell3.dll error with an advanced Registry Cleaner and Repair Tool
As another option, the Msspell3.dll error may be resolved by downloading and installing a PC/registry repair tool. Downloading, installing and running a new registry repair tool will ensure the complete Windows registry is scanned and all errors are detected while a fix is automatically applied. Most common Windows errors are easily resolved with advanced registry and PC repair applications.