How to fix Esent.dll Error (PC Registry Repair Guide)
Esent.dll is a Windows system file associated with VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). Esent.dll is used by various Microsoft applications particularly Microsoft Outlook for activation. The Esent.dll file may be susceptible to become corrupt or have issues rooting from a Windows registry problem. There are ways of fixing a missing Esent.dll file or basic Esent.dll error in Windows.
Examples of some known Esent.dll error messages read like the following:
“A required .DLL file, Esent.dll was not found.”
“Cannot find \Windows\System32\Esent.dll.”
“Winnt_root>\System32\Esent.dll missing or corrupt: Please re-install a copy of the above file.”
Fixing or stopping the Esent.dll error may require reinstalling the Esent.dll file or an associated application such as Microsoft Outlook.
Receiving the Esent.dll error could cause additional issues on your computer. Troubleshooting such an error may require finding effective ways to search the Windows registry and other areas of Windows to first identify the root cause.
Automatically Detect and Fix Esent.dll Error and other PC/Registry Issues:
Possible causes for the Esent.dll error or issue on your computer:
- The Esent.dll file or a related file was mistakenly moved or deleted.
- Malware or Virus infections may be present.
- Outdated software or driver issue.
- Missing or corrupted file or related Windows registry entry(s).
The following issues may occur if the Esent.dll error is not fixed.
The computer will always display the annoying error message.
The computer may run slow and could limit usage of other functions and running of certain applications.
Windows will not be able to open associated programs.
Other errors may be triggered causing further issues.
Ways to fix the Esent.dll error on your PC
1) Manually – Install or re-install the Esent.dll file or a newer version of Esent.dll.
Many times installing a replacement file will not solve the Esent.dll error. In most cases the Windows registry must be modified to register a new Esent.dll file to prevent the Esent.dll error from reappearing.
- Find a new version of Esent.dll to download.
- Install the file to its default location on the computer. (you may be required to overwrite an older version of the file no registered in the Windows registry)
- Register the new Esent.dll file by going to Start menu > Run > and then typing in cmd and regsvr_Esent.dll and then press enter.
- Restart the computer and see if the Esent.dll error reappears or not.
2) Reinstall the program related to Esent.dll.
Many times reinstalling the application that loads and registers the Esent.dll file will resolve error messages. Simply find the application related to Esent.dll and download a new copy or reinstall it from the Windows control panel Add/Remove Programs option. Restart your computer after the install has completed to see if the Esent.dll error comes back or not. (location of Esent.dll – C:\WINDOWS\system32)
3) Fix Esent.dll error with an advanced Registry Cleaner and Repair Tool
As another option, the Esent.dll error may be resolved by downloading and installing a PC/registry repair tool. Downloading, installing and running a new registry repair tool will ensure the complete Windows registry is scanned and all errors are detected while a fix is automatically applied. Most common Windows errors are easily resolved with advanced registry and PC repair applications.