How to Fix D3dx9_30.dll Error (Not Found Issue)
D3dx9_30.dll is an important file that is often used to boot PC games as well as other software. It is a product of Microsoft DirectX and is often a necessary component for certain software to run correctly. The error message you may receive if the file is missing/corrupted can vary, but here are some of the common ones:
• “This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll could not be found!”
• “The dynamic link library d3dx9_30.dll could not be found in the specified path [PATH]”
• “D3DX9_30.DLL Not Found”
Receiving the D3dx9_30.dll error could cause additional issues on your computer. Troubleshooting such an error may require finding effective ways to search the Windows registry and other areas of Windows to first identify the root cause.
Automatically Detect and Fix D3dx9_30.dll Error and other PC/Registry Issues:
Possible causes for the D3dx9_30.dll error or issue on your computer:
- The D3dx9_30.dll file or a related file was mistakenly moved or deleted.
- Malware or Virus infections may be present.
- Outdated software or driver issue.
- Missing or corrupted file or related Windows registry entry(s).
The following issues may occur if the D3dx9_30.dll error is not fixed.
The computer will always display the annoying error message.
The computer may run slow and could limit usage of other functions and running of certain applications.
Windows will not be able to open associated programs.
Other errors may be triggered causing further issues.
Ways to fix the D3dx9_30.dll error on your PC
1) Manually – Install or re-install the D3dx9_30.dll file or a newer version of D3dx9_30.dll. from a Microsoft site. DO NOT download from other .dll hosting sites!
Many times installing a replacement file will not solve the D3dx9_30.dll error. In most cases the Windows registry must be modified to register a new D3dx9_30.dll file to prevent the D3dx9_30.dll error from reappearing.
- Find a new version of D3dx9_30.dll to download.
- Install the file to its default location on the computer. (you may be required to overwrite an older version of the file no registered in the Windows registry)
- Register the new D3dx9_30.dll file by going to Start menu > Run > and then typing in cmd and regsvr_D3dx9_30.dll and then press enter.
- Restart the computer and see if the D3dx9_30.dll error reappears or not.
2) Reinstall the program related to D3dx9_30.dll.
Many times reinstalling the application that loads and registers the D3dx9_30.dll file will resolve error messages. Simply find the application related to D3dx9_30.dll and download a new copy or reinstall it from the Windows control panel Add/Remove Programs option. Restart your computer after the install has completed to see if the D3dx9_30.dll error comes back or not. (location of D3dx9_30.dll – C:\WINDOWS\system32)
3) Fix D3dx9_30.dll error with an advanced Registry Cleaner and Repair Tool
As another option, the D3dx9_30.dll error may be resolved by downloading and installing a PC/registry repair tool. Downloading, installing and running a new registry repair tool will ensure the complete Windows registry is scanned and all errors are detected while a fix is automatically applied. Most common Windows errors are easily resolved with advanced registry and PC repair applications.